Applicants seeking enrollment in the school must comply with the following requirements:
- Provide proof of high school graduation (Diploma or transcripts) or GED Certification (Official GED Transcripts only).
- Complete a Michigan Barber School Admission application.
- Complete a Student Barber License application accompanied with an $80.00 money order payable to “State of Michigan-Barbers,” which is non-refundable. (Additional information may be required.)
- Be prepared to write a short essay on “Why I Would Like To Attend Michigan Barber School.”
- Applicants applying for Financial Aid (Title IV Funds), must provide verification of the previous year income. (Please call for more details and to make an appointment).
- Provide copy of Valid Government Identification (Drivers license/ ID).
- All prospective students must visit the facility to receive registration materials. Applicants who live long distances (more than 20 miles or 30 minutes) from the school and cannot meet this requirement must tour the facility prior to signing the Enrollment Agreement.
The Orientation schedule includes the following admission procedures:
- Disbursement of registration package.
- A 30-45 minute scheduled interview where potential students are provided a tour of the facility and instructions on completing all admissions applications.
- All applications will be reviewed and processed, and acceptance or rejection letters will then be sent to all applicants in a timely manner before orientation day. The rejection letters will specify reasons for denial.
- Applicants who receive an acceptance letter will be expected to be in attendance at the orientation date specified via email. At that time, a presentation will be given which will include an overview of the school; the disbursement and completion of additional enrollment materials.